Saturday, November 5, 2011

I think I found my holy grail of games: Left4Dead2

I'll open with this: I'm a casual.  I love games, quite a bit, but I don't really have the time to do it and I find it rather tiring to sit for prolonged periods of times. 

But dayum I love this game.  Of course I've played other things but I consistently keep going back to Left4dead2, for a few reasons:
  • I like the gameplay.  Simple as that. 
  • I like killing "zombies".  While it's quite "easy" to do so as compared to killing things like other people in batttlefield games I find it relaxing to run around and kill things that don't always run around and fight back.  They do fight back at times but I still find the experience rather pleasant. 
Note: It should be said that, like 28 Days Later, the infected in the game are not zombies (as in, they are not the walking dead, they are people infected with a rabies like virus).  I'm going to go out on an asspie limb and note that since they're not the same things. 
  • I like the humor in the second game.  It doesn't have the darkness the first did (though it does hint at it at times, and I find it cool; a good example of that is in the New Orleans map when they find the writing on the wall indicating that someone was killing both infected and normal humans).  I do tend to find the dark atmosphere of the first a bit too boring though, so I like the addition of humor into this game. 
  • The need for total cooperation is something I appreciate for some reason, it's a good way to get to know people (seeing as how there are only four slots open) and working together is crucial to get through the game.  It adds that nice human element that other games lack in their chaos. 
Anyway, I play this on steam that automatically updates everything for me and now that they added the Left4Dead maps I think this is so totally worth getting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment